22 February 2007

He Will Carry Me

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God" Psalm 40
This is the scripture that Mark Schultz references for his song "He Will Carry me" He says "This song was not originally going to be on this record (Stories and Songs). It was meant for another project but I never forgot about it because I listened to it one night about a year ago over and over and over again when I had been so discouraged. I was holding on to it like a life raft in a storm in the middle of the ocean. This song is a clear picture of what God will do if you call out to Him."

You are hearing the instrumental to this right now. Here are the words of the chorus:

And even though I'm walkin' through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
And He will carry me

I am just soaking it all in...

1 comment:

Barb said...

This music is beautiful, TCC. I love it.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get over here and thank you for visiting me. If you see the week I lost somewhere running around, will you please let me know? LOL

You have a lovely blog. What nice things you write here!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...