I ate lunch, which was thankfully finished before I spied a pile of excrement at the back door. Apparently our dog needed to go out while I was putting Barber down for a nap. She heard my low tone pointing out the obvious and responded with ears back, tail between her legs and shamefully retreating to her bed upstairs. I walked into the kitchen, only to discover that my paper towels are missing. Didn't I JUST put a new roll on two days ago? After spending too much time searching for the roll, I went to the basement and opened a new roll and cleaned up the pile. While washing/scrubbing my hands, I noticed that Barber's coat fell off the hook (we have hooks in the hallway for the boys to hang up their own jackets). I hung up his coat and noticed a bag on one of the hooks, hidden behind a number of scarves that were waiting for cold weather. This unrecognizable bag contained two tops - neither of which is mine. Where did this bag come from? Whose shirts are these? Who is coming into my house and leaving shirts and stealing paper towels? I know this isn't rational thinking...I told you, in my sleep-deprived, poop-cleaning state, my sanity was being questioned.
The afternoon passed. Jeter came home from school. Barber napped extremely well. Simms arrived home from work and asked me why there was a pair of folded underwear in the middle of our kitchen counter.
What?!?!?!?!?
Yes - a bright white, new looking pair of panties that are NOT mine are folded and literally in the middle of our kitchen counter. Did I say they are not mine and that they were definitely NOT there earlier when I was trying to solve the missing paper towels and whose shirts are these mysteries!
We know that the only time I was out of the house was when I took Barber to the doctor's. Maybe my mom or lil' sis stopped by? But why? What purpose would this serve? Unless they are conspiring together against my sanity!
SANITY INTACT:
- Simms took my new role of paper towels upstairs to the guest room turned project area to refinish Barber's furniture.
- Mom is the culprit of the shirts and panties. She brought them over sometime (she doesn't remember when) because she thought she would change into them. Don't ask me why she would change her panties here. When I took the shirts out of the bag to look at them the panties must have fallen onto the counter unbeknown to me and were left there when I returned the shirts to the bag.
1 comment:
I laughed out loud at the mental picture of you picking up someone else's panties from the middle of your kitchen counter - great image when I know your facial expressions and the orderliness of your home :) It's nice to know that crazy things happen to other sane people too - my hubby is convinced that it drives me crazier than most because I'm so OCD about keeping the house uncluttered - and that most women wouldn't even notice it there at all. But panties on the counter - I think even he'd notice that :)
Post a Comment