21 December 2006

Waiting for Winter

Today is December 21st - officially the first day of winter.

As I hear the lyrics of "Winter Wonderland", "Let It Snow" and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" playing on the radio I cannot help but smirk and think, "Not this year."

It doesn't feel like winter. It doesn't look like winter. I shouldn't complain - the relatively warm weather has definitely helped our heating bill. It's just that I actually am ready for the cold weather. Our scarves, hats and gloves are just waiting to be used. I want to go sledding with the boys. Barber is at the age where he would enjoy making a snowman. I know it is only December and...we'll see what January and February may bring.

1 comment:

This Journey of Mine said...

Hmmm....I hear ya! NC has been sportin 75 degree weather lately!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...