08 November 2006

Odds and Ends

For the record, yes, Simms and I both voted yesterday...and by the looks of the results, we have a lot of praying to do for those who are in political office. We should always pray for our leaders but the need seems to be growing...

On a different note, Simms and I had our first parent-teacher conference yesterday regarding Jeter's first two months of kindergarten. It is no surprise that he received stellar marks. LOL. Seriously though, they are quite detailed and thorough for Kindergarten evaluations...a pleasant surprise. We are very proud of our son and continue to encourage him to be a man of integrity (yes, even a 5 year old can do this).

Today is rainy and blah outside our corner. I am still battling this cold (sinus infection symptoms...conjunctivitis is gone). Simms asked me this morning how much longer am I going to wait to go to the doctor's. I just cannot justify going to the doctor's for congestion and a cough. Granted it has lasted awhile - over a week - so I told him that if I am not 100% by next week than I will make an appointment. Come on immune system...finish the job. Meanwhile, Barber is busy playing trains and dancing and talking...lots of talking! It is wonderful! Sentences...I love complete sentences!!! Granted he doesn't have all the connecting words but nothing puts a smile on my face like when he says "Come pway fammy rum wif me, Jeter?" Call me an oddball but I am so happy to be in this phase of Barber's life. The joy it brings allows me to stand there for 5+ minutes while Barber tries to unzip his jacket by himself, getting frustrated but firmly stating "my turn" until he is victorious and announces "ta da! I did it Mommy!" and we celebrate this new accomplishment.

And...amidst all of this, I neglected to call my cousin/brother on his birthday this past Monday. I will send him a card of course but here is a belated "Happy Birthday" to the one whose love is always there and who knows that my heart is forever with him. I love you cuz and always will.

Now...off to do some laundry and clean in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the cough that you have and the sinus stuff, I really do not think that a doctor will help much with that. However, I do suggest a visit to the chiro and to get your sinuses "clicked" - you should probably go there at least once this week (since it is already Wed) and twice next week - it will help your immune system to fight this!

Mrs. C said...

Thanks sisterino. I will go tomorrow after JCC gets home from school. I am definitely OVERDUE!!!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...