17 October 2006

Things That Make Me Smile

I have had some very "deep thinking" posts lately...so here are some Campbell Corner tidbits to "lighten" your day and maybe make you smile too.
  • Seeing the joy on Jeter's face when he almost got a goal in Saturday's game. They have "won" every game so far this season. The 4/5 year olds are supposed to be "non-competitive" but we know that the Turtles are undefeated!!!
  • The pride on Simms' face as he talks about his team and how the kids are doing - especially Jeter
  • When Simms purchased something for me with his "spending money" and installed it this weekend. I don't know what it is called so I am going to attempt to explain it in an elementary manner. You know the panels that do nothing except look nice below the sink? Simms transformed them into pull-out-pseudo-drawers that I can keep sponges, scrapers (from pampered chef), magic eraser, and scrubs for potatoes in. It also has a ring holder.
  • How Barber is able to peacefully walk into the church nursery after our "secret goodbye" - see Mommy's Little Sweetheart .
  • The glimmer in Jeter's eyes over the completion of his master plan to show his Daddy how much he loves him. Jeter had Daddy write a note for what he wanted for breakfast and brunch on Sunday. He got up early on Sunday, took the note off Simms' nightstand, and placed it by the sink. Then he told me that I could not go downstairs or start breakfast without him (Jeter) and I had to look for a note. Unbeknown to him, Simms and I "discovered" his plan the night before and made sure it would fit our Sunday schedule. We had donuts at the cafe' for breakfast and eggs/toast/Canadian bacon for brunch when we got home after church.
  • The smiles on both Jeter's and Barber's eyes as we took a hay-ride at the farm this past Saturday. UncleEC would have loved to see his nephew Jeter making sure he saw every possible "view" during the ride!
  • Reading this post titled "A Realtor, Some Guacamole, and the Stuff That Overflows". I didn't just smile. I laughed out loud!!! Simms didn't find it as humorous...he was placing himself in the Dad's position...the one with poop on his hand running out of wipes! I can't help myself, I am still laughing.
  • NY Giants beating Atlanta on Sunday - we weren't actually able to watch the game but we saw the end of two other games that also made me/us smile: both the Eagles and the Redskins lost.

So that's all for now. Have a blessed day with a smile to boot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smiles.

I will add mine - my little newphews running over to me and hugging my legs!...and if I bend down soon enough, giving them a hug back!

I could go on about my family - my little pumpkin crawling into my lap, peeeking around the corner at me, and my husband vacuuming for me - b/c he knew that it would bless me - the list goes on!

Oh, one more - a sister that I can hang out with and talk about anything to! It is awesome to have a sister and a best friend wrapped up in one!

This Journey of Mine said...

Read that post at In the Midst of It. I laughed out loud as I was reading it. I always enjoy her posts.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...