...yes, that's what I am talking about!!! I know that this post is not going to make me very popular but last night, at our corner, we were all smiles at midnight.
For those of you that don't know, last night was Monday Night Football. The Giants were playing Dallas in Texas territory. Some Giant football history here - they DO NOT seem to do well on Monday nights. Don't know why. As a result, we are usually anxiously excited for the evening. On top of this they especially DO NOT do well again Dallas on Monday nights. I don't know exactly how many games they have lost consecutively against them...just that it is A LOT (Simms could fill you in on the exact details but I am sure that this is more than enough info...I am guessing that there aren't too many football enthusiasts out there perusing this blog!).
We made sure that the boys were in bed by 8:30pm and then headed to the basement - this way we could cheer without waking our little Giants Fans (Even Barber at 2 says "Go Giants Go"...gotta start 'em young!). This was a big game - whoever wins becomes first in the division due to the fact that the Eagles lost on Sunday. I will admit we were hopeful and yet hesitant. YES, all of this over a silly but very important game of football!
I will spare you the details (if you want more details, you can get them here) but suffice it to say THE GIANTS WON! My apologies to my cousin who is a Dallas fan. I know you were certainly not happy...but just think...now you can be happy for me. LOL!!!
In week 5 the Giants won even though it was after a bye week (this means that they had a week off - historically the Giants do not do well after this). Now this week we won inspite of it being Monday night - against Dallas! Wow. Can I just tell you there is NO WAY that a game will go by for the rest of the season that I am not in my Shockey Jersey and Simms in his Barber Jersey. I know, I know, it means NOTHING...but it is fun!!!
And a big thanks to our dear friend who made us a football CD. It is awesome and adds fun to game time when we really don't feel like listening to the seemingly obvious droll that exits from the commentators vocal chords. The only disappointment is the Touchdown New York Giants song. It is dated. Sounds like it would be played at a circus to me. Simms says it reminds him of the Three Stooges. No nasty anti-Giants comments please. Maybe a modern artist could update it??? Just a thought.
Anyway, as I said, The Campbell Corner is liking what we are seeing so far and we are looking forward to the rest of the season...hopefully injury free!
In the words of my adorable boys "Go Giants Go!!!"
24 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment