Jeter was so excited for my birthday. He couldn't help but give me a hint as to what he picked out for me when he went shopping with his Daddy! He said "It's something that you like to work on that is kind of like a puzzle but with numbers." Then he added, "AuntCR and UncleBR let you have some of these when we visited them in NY". Ummm...Sudoku?!? I was right - of course his hints made it pretty easy to know what he was talking about. Last night I completed two of them.
Yup. I'm a sick puppy. I love numbers.
Just for the fun of it, here are some "numberish" things about me:
1. My favorite childhood games are Yahtzee and Tile Rummy. I was the one who would move around the entire layout in Tile Rummy AKA Rummicube simply to lay down a single tile. Drove my Dad nuts!
2. One of my favorite subjects throughout school was math...except Geometry.
3. On the "test" that you take in high school that predict what careers you would enjoy my #1 choice was CPA.
4. I didn't doodle in class when I should have been listening to the teacher. Rather, I would add up names. For those of you that don't know how that is done: A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Then I would see if any of the boys = the value of my name. Never found one that I liked. FYI my value = 58, Simms = 59, Jeter = 58 and Barber = 59. It just so happens that I am the oldest and Simms is the youngest, Jeter is the oldest and Barber is the youngest. No, none of this matters but I think it is kind of neat/cool/phenomenal (go ahead and insert whatever adjective you want).
5. Jeter was born on the 30th day of the month at 7:10. Barber was born on the 10th day of the month at 2:30. The sum of the days of the months that Simms and I were born on = 10. If you multiply the number value of the months that Simms and I are born in and divide it by 2 (significance?? "2" is the number of children we have...) = 30!
6. When I go shopping (this applies mainly to food shopping) I add up the contents of my cart as I shop so that I am not "surprised" when the cashier tells me the total. I am usually within $1.
7. Simms and I were married on the 15th of the month, so were my parents and so were my paternal grandparents. Simms' sports number for many years was 15. And, if you multiply that number by 2 you get 30 (see #5). Now this is just silly but the difference between the value of my grandparents' month and my parents' month is equal to our month!
Not that anyone was asking...but now you know some interesting number-related things about me. Hope I didn't give you a headache.
04 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
My brain just exploded. We're going to have to invite you over to play Rummikub with Jim. He LOVES that game and I'm the worst player. Probably because it gives me a migraine.
Oh my, that was a lot of number crunching for this early in the morning!
Fun fact about you though!
You are a sick puppy! I don't think I know anyone that has this much fun with numbers. Even my CPA husband doesn't (as far as I know).
Post a Comment