Barber has finally agreed that he is a "little boy" and not a "baby" anymore. However, now the he is 2+, when I see him do something mature for his age I tell him he is a "big boy" to which he tells me "no, Jeter big boy. Barber little boy". We then go back and forth with giggles and tickles. Not that I am rushing him into "big boyhood" but the truth is he is growing up.
We have recently converted Barber's crib to a toddler bed and placed the bed rail there. After a few days he lifted the bed rail up out of its tracks so it fell forward - that is how I found the bed at 11pm. I attempted to put it back in place which caused him to wake up and protest "no!". So we left the bed rail down for Mr. Independent until one evening I found him on the floor!!! Bed rail went back up. He seemed fine with this until one day last week - after his nap (so at least he slept) he apparently pushed the bed rail out of one side of the bed and somehow got out of bed. Lil' sis and I heard him land on the floor. Since then however, he has stayed in bed until Mommy or Daddy tell him it is "ok" to get up.
But then came yesterday...
We were at my parents house and I put Barber down for his nap - all the normal routine. My mom went in there to get something and he was NOT in the pack n' play. Nope. He was on the floor laying on his blanket - fast asleep. Apparently, somehow he climbed out of the pack n' play and proceeded to remove everything from the diaper bag! Interestingly enough - everything that was removed was actually organized!!! I am not kidding. Diapers and wipes were in a pile, milk cups were together and his toy cars were in the correct position and "parked" next to each other. Is he analytical or what?!? LOL. In his hand was a package of fruit snacks that he was unable to open. Guess what he wanted after he woke up? That's right - the fruit snacks. Needless to say, he is moving to the big boy bed at Grammie and Poppy's house.
NOTE: For anyone that is thinking that we should have seen this coming since he is the second. Wrong. Jeter never climbed out of a pack n' play - ever. And he was in one until he was almost 3 (when Barber was born) at G&P's house!
20 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment