
That just drives me NUTSO. Not so much the mouse itself but the disease / germs that it carries with it.
Then Simms caught the mouse in our house...and then another one...and then another one...and then another one.
I'm praying we're finally done.
Needless to say I haven't had time to sit and 'relax' and type away.
Rather, I've been washing and scrubbing and throwing away and reorganizing and buying bins and filling those bins...all because of an annoying critter that got confused and mistakenly took the Campbell abode for it's own. And then he had the boldness to invite three of his friends! Talk about the nerve of an uninvited guest.
Guess what? My house still does not look like it's back together again.
Amidst this chaos, my Dad is finally having some tests run again. He has finished the regimen of treatment that he was undergoing and we've been believing for good news. In the natural it really is not appearing to be so great. His PSA level has increased almost 5 times the amount it was before he began this treatment the end of August. That's essentially two months. No wonder he has been experiencing pain in the evening. I'm astounded that he is doing as well as he is. Have you ever heard of someone having a PSA of 560? I haven't either until now. That would be my Dad.
My reaction? Mixed really. I think it helped that I had been having my own time of worship for over an hour before I had heard the news from my parents. Being in His presence is really a good thing. I'd say I'm in process - it's taking me time to digest the news and I know there is more coming (he just had an MRI completed yesterday).
Some of what's going on in my head...
- I'm thankful that I trust my Dad to the Father. This allows for me to have peace amidst the chaos.
- I've been pondering what Mary, Martha and Lazarus went through when Lazarus was ill, died and then was brought back to life by Jesus. I remember scoffing at the sisters when they were upset that Jesus hadn't returned soon enough to heal their brother. I'm seeing things a bit differently now. This is sure to be discussed in a future post.
- My heart is blessed when I hear the prayers that are uttered by Jeter and Barber for their Poppy. They both know that no matter what, Poppy will be healed...it's just that they (like their Mommy) would prefer it to take place this side of heaven.
- I'm trying to guard my heart against cynicism.
I'd like to just be "normal" again but then I have to ask what is that really? Who defines normal and what criteria determines this? So maybe less chaos then?
My current solution while I'm in this process...allowing His presence to envelope me and continuing to put one foot in front of the other. Oh, and giving myself permission to have a little bit of chocolate if I really want it. I'm also trying to give myself permission to take a break and just be. If you know me, you know that the last statement is so not easy for me to do...even when I need it. Ultimately, I'm holding on to the One who knows me best and loves me unconditionally.
BTW...the picture above was taken in Sonoma, California. We were there for my cousins wedding. Simms and I went with Mom and Dad to a couple of vineyards. Those are my parents hands. I think it's one of my favorite photos right now.

2 comments:
Beautiful post. "In process" is such a hard place to be . . . But a friend reminded me recently that in the hard times is where we often find the most growth and intimacy with Him. I pray that that continues for you. Praying for you and your family - that the Lord work a miracle for your Daddy - and that his numbers come into alignment with the work that God wants to do. Grateful that he's doing fairly well in spite of the crazy levels. Hugs to you my friend.
I recognized those hands right away! Love that photo. Love you sis. Glad that I have you to go through this with, although I would rather not go through this at all. It is so hard and I don't understand why Dad has to go through this, but through it all I know that God is God and that "we/he will be safe in His arms" (that song keeps coming to me as I think about Dad). Love you!
Post a Comment