I've gotten used to the fact that Jeter has entered the phase of boys liking girls and vice-versa. He'll tell me who he thinks is cute and who he's heard likes him. It's cute and harmless (he is well aware of the rules on dating) and keeps our lines of communication wide open. Love that - especially since we're quickly approaching the 'tween years.
The other night he told me that he decided to tell a girl that he liked her face to face.
I have to admit I was impressed and a little stunned by his boldness...
Me: Really? You just went up and told her?
Jeter: Yup.
Me: Why?
Jeter: How else is she going to know if I don't tell her?
Me: True...what did she say?
Jeter: She smiled and said okay.
Me: What would you have done if she told you that she liked you back? I'm not sure she'd be expecting to hear 'cool...but so you know we still can't be boyfriend / girlfriend because I'm not allowed...'
Jeter: *shrugged* I don't know. It's not like we would be boyfriend / girlfriend because we like each other. But I know she does like me because so-and-so told me that she did. And I just wanted to tell her myself...so I did.
After hugs and kisses I joined Simms downstairs and told him about it. He just giggled. Boys...I don't know if I will ever truly understand them. ;)
2 comments:
:) That's cute. I giggled too.
That makes me say "oh my goodness!!!!!!!"
Post a Comment