05 February 2010

My Beautiful Sister

Promises is both sister and friend to me. We've been through a lot together. We practically know each other inside and out...and we are still friends - the best of friends!

She is beautiful too - inside and out - and even when she doesn't think that about herself. While snapping photos in November I took this picture of her. I love it! She isn't thrilled with it. Says she wishes she was smiling.

Maybe I love it because I see more than just her profile. I see my friend. I see gentleness and strength. I see a woman who has gone through ups and downs in life...holding onto the hand of our Father and is able to testify to His faithfulness. I see a mother who adores her children and an aunt whose nephews consider her another 'mom'. I see the beauty that she is...God's gracious gift.

So that's what I see in this photo...and then I had to play with it. LOL


The original photo

I wanted to see what it would look like in black and white

I love this one - it brings out her highlights!



Finally I decided to try it in sepia and cropped it a bit
Truthfully...I kind of like all of them...each one depicts the beauty that Promises is.



1 comment:

Promises said...

ok, you made me tear up! Thank you for the encouragement and beautiful words that you spoke to me/about me! Love you sis!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...