It is similar to a palindrome which reads the same backwards as forward. This video reads the exact opposite backwards as forward and the meaning is the exact opposite. Brilliant.
This is a video that was submitted by a 20-year old to a contest titled "u @ 50" by AARP. It placed second.
Maybe I just get emotional and passionate when we talk about our future and the next generation. I am disturbed by how often the older and wiser generation gives up on the next. They see apathy and complacency and assume that it characterizes the entire generation. When will we stop stereotyping? When will we hold on to faith and believe that there is hope.
Watching this stirred the hope that is in my heart...believing that there never has to be a lost generation.
1 comment:
I've seen that one before - and if you ask me, it should have one FIRST place!! I have a few folks in my life that are famous for these broad sweeping generalizations, in particular about my sons' generation, and it infuriates me.
It's actually come up quite a bit since we brought Li'l Empress home and I've been so proud that my sons have spoken up and labeled generational generalizations as offensive as are ethnic generalizations! And I didn't have to say a thing!
Post a Comment