Last night soccer practice was cancelled because of the rain. Jeter was bummed but it was nice to enjoy a leisurely dinner together. We had ziti, meatballs and spaghetti (for the boys), bread and oil and zucchini.
The boys were telling me about their day at school and then we were talking about the weather and hoping that we have good weather for Homecoming this weekend. The conversation continued to twist and turn - Barber was asking where we (Simms and I) met and then Jeter was recalling the story of Simms asking my Dad for my hand in marriage and then...
Barber: Mom, you know how there are some people who don't get married but they have kids anyway?
Me: Yes...(prepared to talk about this but cut off by Barber)
Barber: Well, I kind of wish it was that way with you and Daddy.
Me: ???????? (still not able to respond except with the questioning look on my face because words are still coming out of his mouth)
Barber: Do you want to know why I wish that? (He now assumes the answer is yes because he just keeps talking) I wish that because then when I get older, I could marry you.
And my heart melted
16 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
I did not see that coming. That is so sweet!
Aaaawww, so sweet! Poor little Baby BlueEyes got teased mercilessly by his older brothers for his extended stage of belief that he could one day marry me. It's like the more they teased, the more he hung on to his plans. Half way thru last school year, he switched allegiances and "fell for" his 1st grade teacher. I was sad but flattered. He said she's a lot like me just younger (?!) and peppier (yes, his word!). Yeah. She's only got one kid - no wonder she's peppier!
Post a Comment