20 May 2009

The Project Continues...

I don't have any true before pictures but here are some of the changes that we've made to Barber's room (a work that is still in progress)


Note the dresser. Can you tell the color doesn't match. It blended nicely when the walls were suede and the room was a teddy bear themed nursery. That will be painted white sometime this summer.


This is the chocolate wall - with a bit of a glare. Another dresser that needs to be painted white. It used to be my dad's when he was a little boy - all wood then. Somehow over the years it was painted this nasty green color. Simms started to strip the paint. I'm going to just sand it down and then paint it white. There are actually doors that go on top and hide the three pull out drawers. Those drawers were never painted green and I'm not going to paint them white either.

The colors we selected for Barber's room are based on the comforter set he has. You can see the pillow shams in the above photo.


This photo is a bit dark...it's actually the same blue as the first photo.


Here is our tricolor wall. I just love this wall if it is possible to actually love a wall. This is actually a type of before photo and below is the after...


Tricolor wall with the collage. We still have to get a photo to replace the sailboat. Meanwhile, Barber gets to pick what photos he wants on his wall. Some may stay forever but others will change over time.



This is one that I believe will stay forever...



2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

LOVE the tri-color wall! Love the frame arrangement, too.

Shaggy and Dr. D have a hand-in-hand candid that I shot when they were 2 & 3 - still in their room. Still on the wall. Still one of my faves of all time. And they don't talk about it, but they like it still too. :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

PS - there's a guy almost into Lemoyne that does refinishing fairly cheaply if you think the dressers are in good enough condition, or have antique value. Might be fun to see how they turn out. Near where the old Pizza Hut used to be on G'burg Pike.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...