14 May 2009

A Peak into Barber's Heart

Radiant Worship was at our church last night. The concert was in the youth building but everyone was invited on Sunday so I decided to go. Simms had plans with Jeter so I was planning on bringing Barber.

I talked to him about it after preschool and decided to show him videos from their website. He immediately wanted to see the video below. After watching it one time he asked if he could see it again. Before doing so, I asked him if he understood what was transpiring in the video. This is what he told me:

Yes. There was this boy who kind of knew Jesus but didn't really celebrate him. He was a teenager who was in school and all. But then he prayed and began to celebrate Jesus. Then he told another boy about Jesus and he celebrated Jesus too. He was the teenager with his hat backwards. Then he told someone and they celebrated Jesus too and they all kept doing that until there was a lot of them celebrating Jesus!

Yup...he got it. At this point I still did not realize the full impact this had on him.



Before dinner I asked Barber to get his sneakers on so we would be ready to walk out the door after we ate. He disappeared upstairs and I continued to prepare dinner.

We were ready to eat and called Barber to the table. He came down and I noticed his feet were still sneakerless. I asked him where his sneakers were and Simms interjected that they were in his car. Okay...

We ate and were preparing to leave when Barber asked "Mommy, do you want to know what I was doing in my room before?" I answered with a "yes" and he then both told and showed me.

I was worshipping. I was doing this (he stood with his arms outstretched, eyes closed and kind of moving his arms back and forth) like the boy with the hat backwards and then I was doing this (he knelt on the floor bowing to the ground) like the first boy who decided to celebrate Jesus.

Needless to say this Mama was dually blessed last night. It was wonderful to participate in corporate worship with Radiant Worship but no words can express how blessed I was to see my 5 year old give glory to God with his words and actions - singing, raising his hands and even dancing.

If that wasn't enough, on the way home Barber asked me if we could do this together every time. He also asked if Jeter didn't already have something scheduled, could we bring him too. Obviously I said yes to both of these questions. Finally he declared "When I am a teenager I am going to do that too mom. I am going to do concerts like they (Radiant Worship) do." He then allowed his eyes to close and fell asleep on the way home.

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Ok, now you will have to introduce yourself to me at church! I was there in my youth leader capacity last night Radiant worship was fantastic!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...