05 March 2009

Glimpses are All I've Got to Offer Today

If I actually had time to sit down and write, I might tell you about...

  • The fact that Jeter now has glasses. Praise God we found a pair that looks like they were made just for him. He has experienced such benefits from seeing everything clearly which has made the "four eyes" and "you look like you're 135 years old!" comments slide off his shoulders a little easier. Doesn't mean that those stingers don't hurt, it just means that he is learning to not allow them to control him.
  • We are starting to read the Psalms with Jeter.
  • The "treasure" that Barber found under the chair while Jeter and I were getting our eyes checked
  • The fun we had at a Hershey Bears hockey game with the boys and the need to explain why the refs don't jump in right away when the helmets and gloves come off and they only step in once someone hits the ice.
  • The joy that Jeter felt when he "won" $5 from the blimp that flew overhead at the game and how he cannot wait to deposit it into his bank account.
  • The sorrow that Barber expressed over not winning a T-shirt at the hockey game. He thinks all boys and girls should be given one because that is more fair.
  • The craziness of planning for an event that you aren't going to be at. I'm referring to March's MIA meeting.
  • Trying to pack and organize everything so that it makes sense and doesn't drive me crazy.
  • How I've learned that boys pack differently than girls. Simms had his piles - dress shirts, T-shirts, shorts - nice and athletic, etc. I can't do piles...I need to create my outfits beforehand and they are based on the activity planned for that day. If I used his method, I would end up with a suitcase full of clothes and I would be screaming that I have nothing to wear! LOL.
  • Toiletries. So annoying that I can't just put them all in my carry-on bag. But I don't want to be bothered in customs so I'm going to put them in my checked luggage and pray for it to NOT get lost.
  • Lists. I am a list girl and I am even getting tired of all of my lists!
  • I cannot believe that I agreed (and paid) to go on a zip-line tour. 12 zip lines. 12.

But I don't and now I've got to get back to my work and lists and...

2 comments:

Barb said...

You say an awful lot for someone who doesn't have time to say anything, TCC. :-) Hooray for the glasses and being able to see clearly. And I'd pack the same way you do - outfits planned for that day's activity.

I've got so many list going right now, I've decided to make a list of my lists! Don't laugh. I'm serious. :-)

Kelli said...

I LOVE his new glasses. Seriously, he looks so handsome.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...