With Jeter back to school and my improved mobility, I am attempting to get back into the swing of things. Laundry included. I still am not carrying laundry up and down the two flights of stairs but once it is brought to the basement I can get myself up and down the stairs to wash, dry and fold the laundry.
Simms brought the laundry down for me this morning so that I could get some loads done. My specific goal today was to get the boys soccer uniforms washed and ready for the parade tonight - as long as it does not rain. Barber is so excited and has already prayed multiple times that God would take the rain away so he can march in his "soccer parade" tonight. It is really an All Sports Parade for our school district and they include the soccer program but in Barber's mind the crowd is present solely to see him and his fellow soccer players.
Imagine my surprise when I sort through and prepare the laundry only to find one of Barber's soccer socks. Where is his uniform? Jeter's was present and ready to be cleaned.
Me: Barber? Come to the basement door.
Barber: What Mommy?
Me: I can't find your soccer uniform. Do you know where it is?
Barber: Yes.
Me: Where is it?
Barber: My room.
Me: Please go get it and bring it to me.
Barber runs upstairs to his room and sure enough down he comes with everything in his hand - shirt, shorts, and sock. Thank God! Yet I couldn't help but wonder why it was in his room. I specifically remember putting his soccer stuff into the hamper with Jeter's.
Me: Thank you for bringing that to me. How did that get into your room?
Barber looks at me with a semi-innocent sparkle and half grin but doesn't say a word.
Me: Did you take that out of the hamper?
Barber: Yes.
Me: Why?
Barber: Because I didn't want you to wash it and it take too long for me to get it back because it is my soccer stuff and I want to wear it.
Obviously our laundry turnaround time is not quick enough for him. He finally gave it to me assured that indeed it would be washed, dried and ready for him to wear tonight!
28 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
:) Very funny.
Hi TCC!
I am Judd Corizan. I produce a new meme called Sunday Stealing. It’s located at: http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com. It’s a meme I am producing that originated on Bud Weiser’s WTIT Blog. I am now heading up the meme that you can play every Sunday. What we do is search for the best memes in the blogosphere and steal them. We always contact the blog’s owner and fess up to the theft and give them a link.
It has been incredibly popular on Bud’s blog and Bud has always encouraged his readers to steal it as well. Sunday Stealing introduced the infamous “CD Cover” meme to hundreds of readers. And that is the best part. Every week the meme will always be different. We’ve contacted since you have played Saturday 9, which is as hot a meme as there is on the internet. Naturally, we got permission from Samantha Winters (Crazy Sam) and she is excited about our meme and was thrilled to help. We’ve exchanges links/ads!
We did a “dry run” on this past Sunday and will go live on this Sunday August 31st! We hope you join us. We hope you’ll join in! And if you haven’t played Saturday: 9 in a while, I promised Sam I’d invite you play again at http://saturday9.blogspot.com.
Thanks-
Judd
Post a Comment