28 June 2008

Recipe for a Fun Friday

1. Warm day - with sunshine but not too hot
2. Pool
3. Kiddie pool
4. Pool toys
5. Handful of girlfriends and their kiddos
6. Lemonade, iced tea and iced water
7. Snacks
8. Playhut for the kiddos...providing some shade
9. Sunscreen - even though I forgot to reapply!

What a wonderful day we had today! Of course there were the typical parenting things that occurred but it's so nice to know that the moms you are with understand the ups and downs of mommyhood and recognize that your four year old is just having a tough 15 minute stint (give or take). Even the discovery of a dead baby rabbit did not take away from all the smiles or put a damper on our fun. The boys couldn't wait to tell their Daddy all about it - at Dinner time. Yum. Not the best welcoming home present (cleaning up dead rabbit)...but that's real life for you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your post made me smile for several reasons:

1. How nice to get together with your friends! We only know 2 other families at the pool we joined and their kids aren't the friendliest. Thankfully, my kids enjoy playing with each other! We are definitely considering a pool of our own in the future so we can have days like yours.

2. Until moving out here to the boonies I would have waited for Jay to dispose of dead bunnies, too. But, now, armed with a pair of plastic food service gloves, I pick up dead animals and dispose of them myself. And, I feel surprisingly proud of myself for doing so. How sick is that?

Promises said...

We had so much fun on Friday! thanks for inviting us and for watching my older one when I nursed the younger one. We love you guys!

Heather Hostler said...

Hi there! Well, I started my blog today...only 1 day later than expected. Check it out!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...