20 June 2008

Tigers, Elephants and Clowns...

The following pictures are from our trip to the circus a few weeks ago. We were fortunate to receive four free tickets and were excited to go. Then we got the call about Papa and Simms left for Virginia the next day to be with his Dad before his surgery - quadruple bypass. So...in many ways, this night out at the circus was the distraction our family needed that night. The boys certainly missed their Daddy but having Poppy join us was an acceptable alternative.


I was glad to see the tigers were back. We went two years ago with Jeter - not Barber because of his severe dislike of clowns - and were severely disappointed. They had discontinued the "3 rings" part of the show and there were no lions or tigers. Simms and I were not very happy.

The elephants were fun to see too. Barber absolutely loved seeing all the different animals and he laughed at the clowns. He definitely kept his eyes on them and knew where they were at all times, however by the end of the evening (and since then) he has confirmed that clowns are just funny and don't scare him anymore. Then he adds "but they don't need to all come around me either. I don't like them that much."



In highlighting the "smiles" I also think I should include a brief update. I'll simply state that all the Campbell men are healing. Follow-up visits in each of their situations have been positive. Praise God! Thank you for all of your prayers.

4 comments:

The Gang's All Here! said...

Nothing like an old-fashioned circus to bring out the kid in us all, is there?! Love the comment about the clowns - too cute.

Promises Fulfilled said...

great photos - glad that you had fun. I am looking forward to going with our boys in a few years!

Livin' Life said...

I could so see Scott and the boys riding their motorcycles in that globe of doom. He has actually mentioned that it is a dream of his. I told him after I have died he can fulfill the last of his motorcycle dreams. :)

Great pics!!

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

I love the elephant picture! I bet your boys LOVED the show!