On March 30th, Jeter was water baptised at our church. I decided to bake a simple cake for him to celebrate and he wanted to help me design it. This is what he came up with all by himself. I am the one who decided to write the word 'forgiven' in all caps but the phrase, color (icing) contrast and cross in the middle of the two was completely his idea. So was the title. I have to admit this was very easy to make...it's the sentiment that makes this cake so special to me.

Barber wanted a Cars birthday party this year. Simms had fun creating a speedway in our backyard and creating Cars related games for his guests. We also enjoyed the cake that featured Lightening McQueen. It had to be a chocolate cake though. Poor Promises (who isn't much of a chocolate cake fan)...it's Barber's favorite kind of cake!
Next we were planning for Jeter's birthday party. He wanted a pirate theme. At first I was a bit hesitant but after some research and creative thinking we were able to plan for a day that was fun-filled for him and his guests. I think the Veggie-Pirates definitely had something to do with it.

I chose to use the veggie-pirate figures as props rather than making them myself. Maybe I will attempt that when both boys are in school and I no longer have so many responsibilities outside of the home. If Simms is reading this, I know he is just shaking his head. Anyhow, this was a fun cake to make and it seemed like our guests had a blast eating it too!
These are my cookies. Oops. I never showed a picture of the cookies from Barber's party. They looked like wheels - because of cars. If I come across a picture, I'll add it. Meanwhile, the above are my bakers version of Larry, Pa Grape and Mr. Lunt - he is upside down and not the easiest face to copy...especially since you never see his eyes. So here is his hair, nose and mustache. Ultimately it didn't matter, the kids loved them and that is what is important to me.
5 comments:
LOVE THEM ALL!!!That pirate ship looked so cool. I'm sure the pictures don't even do it justice. I need to put in my order for my sister's baby shower on July 27th. :)
The pirate ship is amazing. As are all of them.
Amazing! Really, you have such a talent. Ok December 14th is Bubba's 2nd birthday. I'd like to reserve you NOW in case you get booked. :)
I love the veggie cookies... and I know my boys would love them too! Squiggly-Wiggly fell in love with the cookies in the display window at Cookies By Design. As my MIL makes all our cakes, I'll be ordering cookies from you instead :)
Go sis! God has blessed you so much you are so talented...can I be your agent! :)
Post a Comment