19 May 2008

Monday's Musings: Connections

Women are life and relationship connectors. Where is your connection? Daughter, where is your mother? Mother, where are your daughters? Sister, where are your friends? Grandmother, where are the younger women who long for your wisdom?

God is stirring those whose hearts are longing to see these loose ends tied up. These are connections we need to actively search out and begin to develop. Sisters, I believe it is our time. Nurture, the language of the feminine heart, is being restored as women arise, recognize each other, and begin to connect for strength and purpose. ~Lisa Bevere

This is an excerpt from Lisa Bevere's book Nurture: Give and Get What You Need to Flourish. What do you think about what she is saying? Do you connect with these words? Do you believe this is relevant today? Is this a need that should be addressed? Who do you connect with? Where are you lacking connection?

Just some questions to get you thinking. Looking forward to those of you who participate - just write and link up below. Barber has his 4-year old doctor appointment this morning. I'll be back later.

I've personally been very blessed by my mom and sis. I cannot imagine life without them. Promises has been my BFF in every sense of the word - she's been through and seen it all with me. And she still loves me. Go figure. Where I've struggled at times is friendships outside of my family. Where the love doesn't always seem to be unconditional. Specifically with women. I was more comfortable talking with the guys and not because I was a tomboy. Yes, I like to watch sports but watching is very different than playing and I don't have the skills to play.

God has blessed me with some wonderful friendships - some that go deep and have lasted through a lot of storms as well as some new ones that are fresh and inviting and have even caught me by surprise. Each one has been a blessing and an answer to prayer.

2 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Right on!

Trish said...

Thank you for another thought-provoking quote. I have heard a lot about Lisa Bevere but never actually read anything by her.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...