
1. What did you do over the weekend?
This was a busy weekend. Simms' parents arrived Friday afternoon and we went out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day one week early. Saturday I was continuing preparations for Barber's birthday party on Sunday. I took a break from that and we went to Jeter's coach pitch game at noon. Then I had to shop for a couple of ingredients that I needed to bake and decorate Barber's cake (pictures are pending). I spent the evening doing that and spending time with Papa and Mima. Mima and I also checked out what each other's latest crocheting project and exchanged patterns for future projects. Sunday was busy with Barber's Birthday party and Jeter's rescheduled coach pitch game in the evening! Wow. That sounds like a lot. Definitely not relaxing but it was fun-filled family time!!!
2. What’s for dinner tonight? What is for dinner Tuesday night? Do you normally plan your meals ahead of time? Why or why not?
Hmmm...dinner. Do I have to think about that already? Ha! I've definitely laxed on this. I'm thinking hot dogs and hamburgers for tonight. And a nice salad. I usually do plan but Simms just returned to work today - he has been home since his surgery April 8th. My life has been topsy-turvy so I'm all out of whack regarding scheduling meals. Normally I do basic planning so I can minimize my food shopping excursions to every other week.
3. What advice do you have for the last person who honked their horn at you? WHY did they honk their horn at you? Was it justified?
Honestly, I cannot remember the last time someone honked a horn at me. When I lived in LI it was a daily occurrence because that's what you did. When the light turned green and people didn't respond quickly enough the horn was honked. Out here in PA people appear to have a greater measure of patience.
4. Have you ever faked an illness to get out of doing something? If so, what was the illness? What was the thing you wanted to get out of doing? How many times have you faked an illness? How many times do you call in sick to work? If you’ve never faked an illness, would you if you needed to get out of work for something really important?
I haven't faked an illness before although I have taken a "mental health day". It's not the same thing though. I never pretended to be sick. If there is something really important that I needed to do and I actually had a paid position, then I would take a personal day. Many companies have flex days (rather than labeling sick/personal) and that seems to help alleviate the need for people to fake an illness.
To see how others answered these same questions or participate yourself, check out Write From Karen and join in on the fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment