
March 17th Questions:
1. Name three things in your medicine cabinet. When was the last time someone in your household was sick? Does your family get sick a lot? What are some things you do to help prevent your family from getting sick?
Three things...hmmm...cough drops, Delsym and Excedrin Migraine. Barber and I had influenza about two weeks ago now. No, we don't get sick a lot. Overall we are pretty healthy - we just sometimes battle a big thing. Although from what I've read a lot of people have gotten influenza this year. And no, none of us got the flu shot. What helps keep us healthy? A strong immune system that I believe is boosted by the vitamins (aka food supplements) that we take as well as regular chiropractic care. (we go 2x/month)
2. What is the most extravagant single item purchase you have ever made, other than a house or car? Why did you buy it? Do you regret your purchase? Do you ever use this item? If you could return it, would you? Why or why not?
Extravagant? Hmmm...oh I know! Our pool. Both of us grew up in close proximity to the beach (east coast) and now we are inland. We knew when we first purchased our home that we would put a pool in. It was just a matter of time and saving the money. This dream was realized in 2003. No we don't regret the purchase at all. It is an investment for our family. It is used often by us, extended family and friends. We've been able to host quite a few summer events as well. For us, a lot of our vacationing is right in the back yard. Obviously we don't regret the purchase, we don't want to return it and we do use it...a lot!
3. Without using the word Folgers finish this line: The best part of waking up is….
...getting a good morning hug and kiss from Simms, Jeter and Barber!
4. If you could go back in time and witness one event from your family’s history, what would it be? Tell us the story behind this event. Would you change that event? Why or why not?
I would want to witness my Great Grandma Ida as she travelled from Germany to the United States. She was only a teenager and was put on the vessel alone. Her parents wanted a better life for their daughter. I can only imagine the courage and strength that it took for this young woman to leave everything she knew for the unknown promise of freedom that this country offered. I wouldn't change the event because she met and married my Great Grandpa and the rest is as they say history!
No comments:
Post a Comment