13 February 2008

One Snowstorm with a Side of Ice Please

Growing up I loved snow days. A day home with my sis. We'd make snowmen and create snow angels. Sometimes we even attempted the creation of a snow fort or house. We'd attempt to sled in the yard when Dad couldn't bring us to the local golf course. I especially remember when there was a layer of ice on top of the snow - it was thick enough that we could "skate" across the surface of it without breaking into the snow!

When it was so cold that we had to exit our winter wonderland to the warmth of home...there was still fun to be had. Hot chocolate. Freshly popped corn with salt and melted butter. One of my favorite memories was when this accompanied a family evening watching slideshows of our younger years.

So many wonderful memories.

Now I enjoy participating in the memories being created for Jeter and Barber (especially since Barber can handle the cold now!). Yesterday and today would have been perfect opportunities too...except that we are still recovering from various ailments. Barber is healthy but I'm not even suggesting he go outside to play. That would be way too cruel for Jeter to handle. So...I'm praying for another good snowstorm this season. One in about two weeks would be sufficient. Can I order one of these ahead of time?

3 comments:

Promises said...

Those days were so much fun! I am looking forward to playing in the snow with my boys too - I just have to wait a few more years!!! :)

Livin' Life said...

Oh you guys went to a Golf Course to sled too? That's great we did as kids too!! There were never any good hills around in Jersey so my dad took us to a local golf course that had some kickin' hills. Sled On!!!!

Still praying for complete recovery for your guys, this stuff is just hanging on to everyone.

The Gang's Momma! said...

I hate winter (the cold, the slush, the cold, the ice, the cold, the dark days, the cold, etc.) but since we moved East, we've all been lamenting the ABSENCE of real snow falls. Come on, we got only 1 1/2 inches yesterday, followed by freezing rain and sleet. And today has been one steady, continuous rain fall. Not fit for man nor beast. I just want one giant blizzard that puts us all out of commission for a day or two. And I'm all over that popcorn. Mmmmm!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...