Barber and I have started to have conversations - especially in the morning. I love the foundation this is setting for our relationship however I will not kid you - it requires a huge amount of patience now. Not quite understanding what I mean? Here is a sampling of our conversation from earlier this week. (I literally took notes for this post)
Barber: Mom? Is Baby B out of Aunt Promises belly today?
Me: No. Not yet. When it's God's timing he will come out of her belly and we will meet him.
Barber: Okay. Where is Sally?
Me: Sally? Who's Sally?
Barber: You know from Bible school. (meaning our church's VBS this summer)
Me: No. I don't know. Who are you talking about from Bible school?
Barber: My teacher. Remember?
Me: Oh...yes. Mrs. J's baby is out of her belly now but her name isn't Sally.
Barber: But Mom I remember all the kids at Bible school called her baby Sally. That is her name Mom. It is. Really. I remember.
Me: That is true - that the boys and girls called the baby Sally but her Mommy and Daddy prayed and asked God for her name and it wasn't Sally.
Barber: Oh. Okay. Did you know I am growing taller?
Me: Yes, you are everyday.
Barber: I'm going to be like Daddy and Jeter will be like you because my hair is blonde and Daddy's hair is blonde and Jeter's hair is brown and your hair is brown. (Gotta love the logic!)
Me: That's true but hair color doesn't determine how tall you are going to be. (a puzzled look covers his face) God already knows how tall you are supposed to be and I pray that you will be that height.
Barber: Yes! Hey, Mom? Will God tell Aunt Promises when is time to go to the doctor center for Baby B? What's that called?
Me: The Hospital.
Barber: Mmmmhmmm. And Mom? Can we make a bo*****?
Me: A what? I don't know what you said. A blanket? Are you talking about the afghan Mommy is making?
Barber: No. A bo*****. You know. For milk.
Me: Oh. A bottle?
Barber: Yes. (somewhat exasperated with my lack of understanding)
Me: That is a nice thought hon but God will make special milk for Baby B just like he did for you and Jeter and Brady. So, we don't need to make him a bottle.
Barber: Okay. Hey, Mom?
Me: Yes?
Barber: I really want to bring a bottle to Baby B in the hospital.
Me: That is special. I know you love him. You know what? We will bring a gift to Baby B when we go see him in the hospital but it won't be a bottle. Okay?
Barber: OK Mom. Hey, Mom? (I nod) Baby B's hand will be tiny. Mine is taller!
Me: Yes your hand is larger than the baby's will be.
Barber: Yes! It is! Because Baby B's hand is tiny because he in Aunt Promises belly right now. (second of silence) And, hey Mom? Is Baby B a boy or a girl?
Me: He is a boy.
Barber: OK!
I seriously could keep going and going. Just know that we covered important issues like who Eli is in the Wemmicks tales starring Punchinello. Who are Steens...which was later "translated" to be the Philistines who were not nice to the Israelites and why they are peas in the VeggieTales videos and what are their names? And many other questions that caused me to momentarily consider how very little knowledge I have!
17 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
You know what is so funny about this is that when he was at my house the other day, he started telling me how he wanted to bring a bottle to the hospital for the baby - he is such a little sweetheart - he wanted to help feed the baby.
Post a Comment