22 October 2007

Can You Have a Marathon of Events?

What a busy Saturday we had!

It started bright and early for Jeter's soccer game at 9:00AM. There are normally 3 coaches working the sidelines but one was at another game for his child and the other ended up reffing the game. That left Simms to run up and down the sidelines - encouraging the boys and girls. Seriously. He is a coach that loves the game of soccer but loves the kids more. His heart is filled when he sees them doing their best!

We then drove to the vet to pick up food for Gese. She has prescription food. She is allergic to protein. But with this food - that has an anti-diuretic in it - she has lived a full 8-1/2 years and is still healthy and strong. Anyway, we then drove home to feed Gese and get ready for the next 4 parts of our day.

We left the house around noon to visit our Alma mater. It has been 15 years! Jeter says he definitely wants to go to college here and loved the science museum. It's good that we are saving now but we are already a few thousand shy of paying for his freshman year! Oh my!!! 3 years of my college experience is equivalent to the cost of one year now. Ugh. Thankfully we have another 12 years to save with interest compounding.

It was good to visit with former classmates but unfortunately many on my "catch up list" didn't make it to the reunion. Don't get me wrong, I do very well at small talk...it's just not my favorite thing. I don't see a lot of value in it. Thankfully, I was able to have a few meaningful conversations as well. A most enjoyable person to see during the day was my former student teacher who has now been teaching for four years! Wow! I am so proud of her. She is dynamic and I know she is blessing the lives of so many high school students! Can you imagine what it meant to me when she told me that she still uses my lessons and projects?!?

We left the reunion at 5:15PM to go to church. Simms led worship (I handled the songshow) for the children. I was surprised at the energy that Barber and Jeter still had. We left at 6:30PM to drop the boys off for a relaxing evening with Brady at Grammie and Poppy's house while we joined Promises and Dawson to go see the Hershey Bears game. They won!
Fun day but I cannot lie - I was exhausted at the end of the day.

I am not even going to document Sunday but want to simply add "Go Giants!". We didn't see the game but the highlights looked good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the reunion. I just went to my 25 year HS reunion.....it's all so interesting. Especially since I wasn't a christian in HS.
Sounds like a crazy, busy Sat.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...