24 September 2007

Corner Update

What a busy weekend. Whew! Here are some highlights...

1. Jeter's team had a great game on Saturday. Jeter took two shots on goal but didn't score. He also had some great defensive kicks and was focused throughout the game. We are so proud!

2. It was extremely hot again this weekend. Relatively annoying weather patterns for fall right now. I personally like all kinds of weather (definitely a seasons girl) but when it ricochets, illness seems to erupt. Jeter and Barber are both now fighting congestion and elevated temps.

3. Simms and I were given tickets to the Redskins / Giants game in DC yesterday! What a great time we had! Thanks to Grammie and Poppy who watched the boys so we could go. Especially since we were originally watching Brady due to Li'l Sis and Dawson's fun Sunday plans! Simms was ready to leave at the half but I convinced him to stay and see how the Giants started the 3rd quarter. Needless to say, we stayed until the end of the game. It then took us an hour to get from the parking lot to the highway but it was totally worth it!

Ward has definitely stepped up his game. Someone must of gotten in Buress' face at the half and grilled into him the importance of making the catch and holding onto the ball. Shockey needs to remember that too. Is it possible that the defense got some life breathed into it this week? Perhaps inspired by a veteran because we know that Strahan isn't doing it. And I like the emotion that Eli is adding to his game.

4. Simms is having a blast with our church's Worship Express! It requires high energy but we're seeing God move and that is all that matters.

5. MamaMia and UncleB are visiting from Long Island. Hooray! We just LOVE hanging out with family. Simms squeezed 9 holes of golf (with UncleB, Poppy, and Dawson) in between coaching Jeter's soccer game and then getting to church for the Worship Express. He easily lost 5 pounds from all of the activity! While he golfed, I got to catch up with MamaMia while the boys helped Grammie make a pumpkin pie.

3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

WOW! That's alot to pack into one weekend. It sounds like fun. Glad you got to go to a game. We stayed home and watched our Eagles - what a crazy game it was! We're all hoping Westbrook's injuries aren't serious - a cracked rib could mean the end of his season . . .

I'm shaking my head, still in awe of what an Eagles fan I've become - and I really don't even like pro sports! But if it means the day with my gang, I'm happy to succumb.

Melissa said...

I'm hearing you on the annoying weather...I don't mind hot, but only when it is summer and I can do something relaxing (not sitting at a soccer game in sweltering heat!).

Anonymous said...

Someone GAVE you tickets to the Skins /Giants game....GAVE as in no cost? GAVE.....Whoaaa that is so cool.....hey don't you have my phone number? Next time someone gives you tickets to a Skins vs Giants game....I know you are gonna call your bloggin buddy who has been a Skins fan since she was 12 right!! :)

I have wanted to go to a Skins game for like....forever!!!

Anyway, I am sure you are pleased with the end result. I did leave at halftime to go to a picnic, feeling pretty confident the Skins would win, especially after Bumbling Buress kept missing/dropping passes!

I just got to know thou, did you at least hum along when the played Hail to the Redskins, down at Fed Ex field? :)


All kidding aside, sounds like a GREAT weekend....with the exception of the heat!!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...