02 July 2007

Five Points That Don't Relate At All Except That It's Our Corner

Can you say "longest title ever"?

***Updated: for some really great photos from Celebrate America go here! Especially the fireworks...awesome!!!***

1. Our family went to Celebrate America last night at CLA and it was sooooooooooooooo great!!! For some awesome pictures and a more detailed description go to Natalie's post.

2. Have you ever gotten a contact "lost" in your eye? I have. Right now. It's really not fun. Last night when I was taking the contact out of my right eye, my eye blinked too quickly and it disappeared. You see I can take out the contact from my left eye in the traditional manner but that doesn't work for the right. I don't know why. My method on that side is that I place my index finger on the contact and slide it to the inside corner of my eye and then take it out. Obviously my method backfired last night. Ugh. Now I have to wait for it to get to a place where I can safely get it out of my eye. Aren't you so glad I shared?!?

3. I have all four of my wisdom teeth. They started to come in when I was 18. Not an issue but one of them started to get spots on it. They've been watching these 'stains' for about 5 years and this time decided it was time to take care of it. I decided to get the white composite stuff - not a fan of mercury in my mouth and this will last forever. That's what they say anyway. The biggest plus for me was it required less drilling. I haven't had to get a tooth filled for over 10 years. I forgot about how annoying novocain can be! The numbness actually increased AFTER I left the office! The biggest revelation was that my New York Accent came out quite strong. Very thick. I was purposely trying not to use my tongue much so I wouldn't bite it and then experience that pain when the novocain wore off. Don't know how that relates to my Long Island accent but Jeter was getting a huge kick out of how 'weird' his mommy was sounding.

4. Barber is starting to tell me that he has to go potty. This is after he has already gone in the pull-up. So why am I celebrating this? Because the fact that he is becoming aware of something wet or mushy in his pull-up and not liking it is a HUGE VICTORY in my eyes! So now, while he is sitting on the potty and I am disposing of the soiled pull-up, Barber prays. He thanks Jesus for making his body function and asks that He will help him learn how his body works so that he can take care of business on the potty. Yes this is prompted by me but the words of the actual prayer are Barber's. I know Jesus is listening and am trusting His timing on this.

5. Simms and I added more to our landscaping. We have a plan and have been working at it since 2003. Little by little we save up some $ and get some plants. This spring we added the junipers by the one side of the property. Yesterday we were able to purchase 3 black-eyed susans, a pieris japonica (formerly andromeda - Valley Valentine), a hydrangia (nikko blue) and a black beauty. We also bought some new guinea impatience for the large planters by the pool.

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...