06 July 2007

8 Random Things About Me

I've been tagged! I've been tagged! That hasn't happened before in Bloggy-land but Sandy at Jesus and Dark Chocolate has tagged me for the 8 random things about me meme. The difficulty I face is, what random things haven't I told you before or wasn't included in my 100 things post?

1. I lock everything. Car doors, house doors, gates to our fence. Everything. I do actually remember when we would leave the door unlocked when we were home or when the car was in the driveway. I also remember what changed our minds...the morning when the glove compartment was emptied onto the front seat of the car and when a strange inebriated man walked into our house while we were having dinner claiming he just needed to use the phone. Dad sent us down the hall to our rooms and finally convinced the man to wait for a taxi outside our home. God's protection was upon us. One of my Dad's sayings summarizes the changes we made "Sometimes your best defense is a good offense".

2. I love love love fireworks. Seriously. I do. I have not and will never set any off myself - I am talking about a show. And a good show will result in a smile on my face for the rest of the evening. My dad and I both enjoyed what he called 'cherry bombs'. He loves fireworks too. They make a slight noise when they first go up but then they're quiet. You have to look for the light to know where it went. When they explode there is a loud "boom" and white lights are expelled.

3. I turn into a little kid at an amusement park. I want to go on every ride. My favorites are the roller coasters. Simms thinks I am nuts...who are we kidding he loves me anyway! Last year at Hershey Park (my parents kept the boys) we went on every roller coaster - even the Storm Runner. It was great!!!

4. Noisy toys don't tend to bother me. They can drive Simms over the edge. I kind of zone out. Sort of like infants - when the stimulation all around them is too much and they are able to tune it out and go to sleep. I will tune out the annoying noise and find my place of peace. This doesn't mean that the toy is next to my ear - just in the same room.

5. I like showers not baths. The commercials make baths look so relaxing and I have tried it but after about a minute I am ready to get out. My mind is thinking of all the things that I need to get done.

6. I have only had three pedicures in my life (two this summer - one was free). If I could I would have one every 3 weeks.

7. My hair used to be pin straight. Seriously. No wave at all. I did the perm thing in high school. Now it is greatly impacted by heat and humidity and if I don't use the proper products the result is frizz. I've been told the change was a result of my pregnancies. After Jeter I started to get some wave and it increased after Barber. I am not complaining it's just that sometimes I feel like a middle schooler again trying to figure out what to do with my hair!

8. One of my favorite sandwiches this time of year is a tomato sandwich. Homegrown tomatoes. Toast the bread, put some mayo on it, cover with tomatoes and sprinkle a little salt. Yumminess!

Now it is my turn to tag! Can I just tag the bloggers I am linked to (ha!). I think you are supposed to tag 8 bloggers but I've decided that 5 is a good number. Now...to pick 5. Decisions. Decisions. Hmmmm...I tag the following ladies because they all started to blog relatively recently and it would be fun to learn some random tidbits about each of you:

Classic Mama at Classic Mama's Thoughts
Mama Klinger at Krazy Klingers
Plain and Simple
Promises Fulfilled and
oH mY wORD

I look forward to reading! And readers (you know, the other 5 of you), if you would like to join in on the fun please do - you don't have to wait to be tagged. Just leave a link so I can be sure to read too!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Ummm, yummy....tomato sandwich. I think I'm going to try that. It has to be the ripest, juiciest tomato though!

Anonymous said...

The storm runner is wild! My poor hubby got on it thinking it was just another new roller coaster.....not realizing how fast it took off.......you should have seen his expression when he got off! But he loved it!

As for the wavy hair....I am the same way, my hair used to be straight as can be, now I have the wave, and the summer frizz!!!

Emily said...

The Storm Runner is one of my favorite roller coasters. I love (most) roller coasters too.

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm a locking freak too! I have even been known to get out of bed and check locks if I'm not sure that The Boss locked up before he conked out on the couch ;) I know, a little OCD. I know.

Beautiful Grace said...

Add cheese, mayo, and toast that bread, and, in my opinion, you have a gourmet sandwhich.

Thanks for stopping by my site!!!

Will be at the picnic tonight, manning the ring toss game from 7-8pm, if you would like to meet in person. :)

Have a blessed day!!!

Jada said...

MMM, I have been hungry for a tomato sandwich. My brother planted a garden this year, so I'm waiting for some of those red, juicy tomatoes from him! I've never had a toasted tomato sandwich, so I will definitely try that! It sounds de-lish! And now I'm hungry. LOL

I think we live in the same area since you go to Christ Community!

Have a wonderful Saturday! I'm headed to my church now to get ready for our food drive for New Hope Ministries!

~Jada

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...