27 April 2007

Birthday Fun!


This is almost a week overdue, but if you scroll down to previous posts you will quickly understand why. This past Saturday we celebrated Barber's 3rd birthday with family and friends. He thoroughly enjoys playing with trains so we decided to go with a "Thomas the Tank Engine" theme. My girlfriends think I am nuts (maybe I am) but I really enjoy planning and implementing birthday parties for my boys! We do the work ourselves (with some help from family and friends) which helps to cut the cost. This is a picture of the cake that I made for Barber. I didn't know there was a cake mold for an engine until I saw the cakes Erin made at Embracing My Cup. I still don't know how she made the tender. I decided to just stick with Thomas...this time around anyway!



Here is another view of the cake. I had to "black out" Barber's name but other than that adjustment, this is what it looked like.


We also made trains for the kids out of boxes. Lil' sis and Dawson supplied the boxes. Say Anythings hubby and Simms helped in getting the painting started on the boxes for me. I finished with the outlining, #'s and names of children. Barber was Thomas for the day. We also had James, Donald, Toby, Percy, Emily, Daisy and Lady join us that day. Thank God it was sunny and warm outside. Simms had spray painted tracks in the backyard so the kids could "ride the rails". We also had story time with Simms reading. He is an awesome Dad and so great with kids!

I actually cannot take credit for these delicious cookies. My Mom made these for the party. NOW you know where my nuttiness comes from!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow! I am very, very impressed. I don't think you're crazy, though. When Scarlett was turning 6 she was obsessed withthe movie "The Ten Commandments" and insisted upon a birthday with the same theme. I won't get into it now, but it included a cake that I baked that looked like the 10 Commandments, my dad dressed up like Moses and a few "plague games." I think I was more excited than she. Awesome cake, TCC. ;)

Anonymous said...

I do not think you are crazy or nutty at all! We enjoy doing things like this! I am looking forward to helping with JCC's b.day next!

Anonymous said...

Sorry girl, I think you are crazy. But I love you BECAUSE of it not despite it. You did an excellent job. Your boys will certainly remember the special things you did for them.

Melissa said...

Oh My Word! You're one of those moms! You're my hero...one day I'll have to show you pictures of my hula Barbie cake disaster.....Did I mention Costco makes great cakes?

Anyway, your kids will always have a wonderful memory of it and that makes all the work well worth it! Good job!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...