11 April 2007

Morning Offering

This morning Jeter and I had the luxury of walking to the bus stop together. No one else was with us. Daddy was home with Barber.

I felt that I was to ask Jeter what he wanted me to pray for him this morning. He said "for my day...like you always do mom." So that is what I did--only something was different this morning. As we were rounding the corner I heard him softly singing while I was praying. It isn't easy to focus on your prayer and on something else at the same time but I did it--for a mere moment anyway. All I heard was him singing "Thank you God for my life. Thank you God for...Thank you God for..." I couldn't hear all he said just that he was thanking God for things. It was all I could do to not stop my prayer and just pick him up and squeeze him. But that would be embarrassing!!! (For him. Not me.) We were close to the bus stop now. So...I finished my prayer like "normal" and then told him how pleased God was with the offering Jeter had made with his song. He smiled.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

So neat, your JC. I love his heart for the Lord.

You are doing such a good job as a mom!

Kelli said...

Wow! See, for these things I am so glad we have blogs. Then in a few years, you can read this again and feel that same way. Golly. What a great moment as a parent. Yeah you two!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...