Is it already Sunday?
Lil' sis and I spent yesterday together driving to a cousin's baby shower in NJ. It was nice to see her (our cousin) again - it has probably been about 4 years. We drove 3 hours, visited 3 hours and then drove home again - another 3 hours. Not the most fun thing to do together (driving 6 hours) but we took advantage of the time to talk and talk and talk without any interruptions! That is HUGE for moms of young children - as many of you know.
For those of you who know how close my family is, you may be wondering how I could survive not seeing a cousin for 4 years. Here's the skinny. My mom's family is...let's just say "large" is an understatement. Simms has yet to meet everyone and I am sure there are a few members that even I have yet to meet. My mom has 4 sisters and 2 brothers - 14 years between the oldest and the youngest. There is a 25 year spread between my first cousins. Lil' sis and I are on the lower end in age - our oldest cousin is 20 years older than lil' sis!!! When we were younger the only cousins that lived in the same state as ours (on my Mom's side) were much older than us and when our families got together, they were typically out with their friends so lil' sis and I entertained ourselves. The cousins that were closest to our age didn't live in NY so we would get to see them maybe once a year. As a result, we just aren't super close. Over time, we have grown closer to a number of family members (we try to make a trip to Vermont each year) - even with the huge age gap. Unfortunately there are still many that we just don't get to see as often because of location (Texas, Maine, New Jersey, Florida, New York, etc.) Sounds like we need a family reunion!!! That could be overwhelming to Simms whose entire family is maybe the size of my Dad's side of the family! I am smiling just imagining the fun...
Today, I am home with two boys that are congested and coughing and sneezing. Sound like fun? The best part is that now I am feeling a scratchiness in my throat! Must be all the hugs and kisses. Need to take more vitamins.
Simms is in his glory planting some trees in the backyard. I know that sounds like work to many but to him it is relaxing...almost enjoyable. This is something he enjoys and is perfect for a sunny afternoon.
25 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
It was REALLY AWESOME to talk as much as we did! I had a great time spending the day with you! Thanks again for driving!
Your family sounds so fun! I bet your kids would love a reunion. Hope you're all better soon!
Uninterrupted conversation. . . ahhh. . . it is the simple things in life!!! That sounds like heaven to me!!
I am praying that you won't get sick!! Take care of yourself!!
Post a Comment