This morning when Jeter woke up and looked out the window he excitedly announced "the sidewalks are white!"
He was correct. The grass was still green BUT the sidewalks were white. I don't know if what happened last night can truly be classified as a "snowfall" or even a "dusting" but since we are nearing the end of January, desperate for snow, we will take what we can get.
Fast forward to this afternoon. Barber and I walked to the bus stop to pick up Jeter. Surprisingly the sidewalks were still white...I thought for sure it would have melted. Now, because of the "24 hour rule", I feel obligated to actually take out a shovel to remove the "dusting" from the sidewalk in front of our house. I felt foolish, shoveling practically nothing, but the boys cheerfully ran around trying to make snowballs out of the few flakes they could find! I finished "shoveling" in a record 5 minutes and the boys moved their recreation to the backyard. For about 20 minutes they entertained themselves gleefully running around yelling "snow", desperately trying to play in "it". Finally they came inside with cold noses and fingertips. We turned on the fire and snuggled on the couch.
I would love to have some real snow this winter but I cannot help but smile at the fun they had with today's blizzard.
22 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
I thought the same thing about the sidewalks. Instead of pulling out the shovel, I just used a broom. It took care of the job.
That was enough snow for me. I'm ready for spring.
So cute. We just ignored the white stuff on the sidewalks, and now...it is gone!
Post a Comment