“Only fear the LORD and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.” I Samuel 12:24 NIV+
This describes my heart this season of Thanksgiving. When I look at my life now and throughout the years, He has done GREAT things for me and my family. Therefore, no matter what my current circumstance, I will serve Him with all my heart!!
I was blessed to have asked Jesus into my heart during my preschool years and as a result, I don't necessarily have a "wow" testimony. Mine is simply the powerful fact that He has always been there for me. The following are smidgens (is that a word?) of the great things that He has done for me:
- Kept me from temptation in my youth
- Blessed me with the amazing husband I have. Simms was my friend and lab partner first. He became my "college sweetheart". He makes me laugh and is an amazing storyteller. He is a man of integrity and a wonderful support to me. He is my best friend. He is my true companion. He is the most amazing Dad to Jeter and Barber. He is an answer to the prayers and desires of my heart. I count myself blessed.
- Jeter!!! What a true answer to prayer he is. So wonderfully perfect amidst his imperfections...if that makes any sense to you it means you are a mom or a dad too.
- Barber!!! He too is a gift from God. An answer to our prayers - calling out to Him to bless us with another child. Our family was incomplete without his personality. He is no exception to perfection amidst his imperfections.
- My family...my lil' sis, mom and dad. No one could ask for a better support system. Such dear, sweet friendships have developed over the years. Nothing could replace or substitute the role they each play in my life.
- My "brothers"...Simns' brother EC and my lil' sis' husband Dawson. Each one is different and my relationship with each is different. I treasure the times that we have with one another and am thrilled with the impact and role they each play with Jeter and Barber.
- Brady - my nephew. What a joy he is! I love him like he is my own son...but I don't have to change nearly the number of diapers!!! He exudes the joy of the Lord.
- My extended family. This includes ALL of my family...which is a lot. I don't get to see ALL of my family as much as I would like - distance and timing certainly play a role - but I love them. They are each a part of my life with different members playing different roles at different times but each one meaningful.
- The dear friendships that the Lord has blessed me with. I am so grateful for my LI girlfriend...even though it has been literally years since we have visited one another and I miss her! And as a transplant to PA, God has brought such precious girlfriends into my life...each one with a unique role, gift and talent. The greatest gift in these ladies is Jesus in them. I treasure those that know the good, the bad and the ugly about me...and still call me friend.
- My church family. God has blessed me with such a precious part of the body of Christ. I am thankful for the leadership of our church. Together we grow and sharpen one another. It has been awesome to look back and see how much my family has matured in our Christian walk.
There is so much more that could be said here but, if you recall from my last post, I am very busy today. Extremely busy. I don't just have a "to do" list, I have a schedule. This is how I am going to survive today and get everything accomplished that needs to be done.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving and remember the words of I Samuel 12:24.
1 comment:
I love you too and am very thankful for you! I have missed seeing you over the weekend, but I am very thankful that you have a cell phone and that you called me to talk!
Have a great day of unpacking and hopefully relaxing too!
Post a Comment