Tonight we talked to Rayda and learned more about his situation. If you have been praying for him, please continue to do so. If you want to learn more about my brother (what I shared previously anyway) read here and here. The basic update isn't great. They know it isn't cancer - HUGE answer to prayer - but they still don't know what is causing the infection and swelling. The swelling has increased and is causing pressure on both his pulmonary artery and superior vena cava. Not good. He is scheduled to be admitted to the hospital tomorrow and they are planning on exploratory surgery. The most difficult thing to swallow is that this has been going on since December and there are still no real answers.
Lots of tears and prayers - many where I am crying out to God explaining that I don't even know how to pray but please take care of my brother because I love him so much and I believe there is so much more that God has planned for his life that has yet to be fulfilled. Trust me I've been praying for wisdom and discernment for the doctors but sometimes the thought of what Rayda is walking through right now just causes me to collapse in tears.
It was in this emotional state (meaning I wasn't physically bawling my eyes out but my insides were doing the equivalent of that) that I had to put Barber to bed tonight. Simms was reading to Jeter. Barber wanted to read from his Bible - it's The One Year Children's Bible.
Bricks Without Straw
God sent Aaron to meet Moses, and Moses explained all that God had told him to do. Then they went to the people and told them that God had heard their cries for help. They performed the signs that God had given them - and the people believed that God had sent Moses to help them.
Then together, Moses and Aaron went to see Pharaoh."We have come with a message from the Lord, the God of Israel: 'Let my people go so that they can worship me,'" they said.
"I don't know your God," said Pharaoh, "and I don't want to let the Israelites go. They are slaves, and I need them to work. I will not let them go!"
When Moses and Aaron had gone, Pharaoh gave new orders to his slave drivers."Let the Israelites gather their own straw to make bricks. But they must work even harder so that they produce just as many bricks as before!"
The Israelites cried out to Pharaoh, "How can we make the same number of bricks without straw?"
"You are lazy," said Pharaoh. "Get back to work!"
Some of the Israelites then went and complained to Moses and Aaron. "This is your fault!" they said. "You have made Pharaoh hate us even more!"
Then Moses spoke to God. "Why have you allowed me to cause such trouble?" he asked.
"They are my people," promised God. "I will rescue them."
What spoke to me??? The fact that God heard their cries for help and then He promised "They are my people. I will rescue them." It was as if God was talking directly to me. TCC...I hear your cries for help. I know you are going through a really hard place and are interceding for so many right now. No worries. Rayda is my son. Simms is my son. I will rescue them.
Thank you Lord. I trust you. You are God.
4 comments:
thanks. I'm sorry I was so emotional on the phone. I'm not truly angry at God, but just needed to let off steam. Anyway it'll all work out ;-)
God is so good to meet you where you are. I am here for you too sis!
We are praying for you and your Brother. The Lord will be faithful!! It is wonderful how the Lord uses the simplest means to speak such profound truth.
Oh my you do have a lot going on!
And I can see how this line spoke to your heart! They are my people," promised God. "I will rescue them."
Amen, God does rescue, encourage, heal and sustain us through it all. Praying for Rayda and all who are involved in his care. Praying for answers. Keep us posted.
Sandy
Post a Comment