
Classic Mama recently awarded me (and 4 other thinkers) The Thinking Blogger Award for my post titled Does Iron Sharpen Iron? I enjoyed writing this post mainly because it was to introduce one of my dear friends who started to blog.
I started to blog because it was a neat way to document the little things that happen in life. The initial intent was to keep family up-to-date in the goings on of Jeter and Barber. However, since the conception of "The Campbell Corner" it has turned into much more than a documentary of their lives. I have been able to document my thoughts, revelations, struggles, sports highs and lows, etc. It has been an interesting journey so far and it will continue until He says it's done.
Thank you Classic Mama. I accept the award and am honored.
Now down to business. As a recipient of the award I am required to select 5 thinkers. The difficulty in this is NOT that I can't come up with 5 but rather if these 5 have been awarded previously and I probably am not allowed to re-award Classic Mama! With that said, here are 5 writers that make me think:
Crowned In Peace is written by Adrienne. She is a strong woman who is bold in her walk with God. It is rare that one of her posts does not challenge someone to think and be spurred on in their faith. I tried but I could not pick just one. So here are a few that I would suggest you read: May 3, 2007, February 13, 2007, January 31, 2007, January 25, 2007, and January 12, 2007. Be prepared...meaning you might need a tissue or two. The topics vary from marriage to dealing with life and whatever you are walking through. Don't be surprised if you end up spending a lot of time reading through the archives. Regardless, Adrienne is always honest and real even when it makes her vulnerable.
Mirror Mirror is written by a dear friend of mine and although Classic Mama recognized her I just cannot help myself. I am however going to note a different post - Help, What Is He Thinking? is just a sampling of how she digs deep with the desire to know His Truth.
On Fire For Him is just that. She is ablaze when it comes to the things of God. I am awarding her for two posts because they are in sequence. In Repeat Offender and The Repeat Offender...Part 2, On Fire shares how the Lord brought to light an area that many, if not all of us, have struggled with. She shares her struggle, declares His Truth and ultimately walks in the freedom of victory.
Embracing My Cup is written by Erin. I so enjoy her blog for a variety of reasons but I'm sure my partiality is somewhat due to the fact that she is a mama of all boys! Through her writing you know that she has a pure heart before God. I selected a few posts again; Motherhood, Raising Little Warriors and A Seed Planted in Concrete...
Sarah writes In the Midst of It. She is a wonderful storyteller of nonfiction. There are many posts that I can relate to as a mom but what I appreciate more than that is the way she weaves spiritual truth throughout her clever, honest, and sometimes hilarious tales of life. I have selected Woes, Wal-Mart and My Worship Service for the purpose of this award.
According to the "rules" of The Thinking Blogger Award, you are now to bestow this award to 5 thinkers. When doing so, you must link to the original thinking blogger page here, link back to this post and then, if you'd like, display this swell image on your blog
With that said, if you have been awarded this previously, please accept the 2nd award from me anyway.
I started to blog because it was a neat way to document the little things that happen in life. The initial intent was to keep family up-to-date in the goings on of Jeter and Barber. However, since the conception of "The Campbell Corner" it has turned into much more than a documentary of their lives. I have been able to document my thoughts, revelations, struggles, sports highs and lows, etc. It has been an interesting journey so far and it will continue until He says it's done.
Thank you Classic Mama. I accept the award and am honored.
Now down to business. As a recipient of the award I am required to select 5 thinkers. The difficulty in this is NOT that I can't come up with 5 but rather if these 5 have been awarded previously and I probably am not allowed to re-award Classic Mama! With that said, here are 5 writers that make me think:
Crowned In Peace is written by Adrienne. She is a strong woman who is bold in her walk with God. It is rare that one of her posts does not challenge someone to think and be spurred on in their faith. I tried but I could not pick just one. So here are a few that I would suggest you read: May 3, 2007, February 13, 2007, January 31, 2007, January 25, 2007, and January 12, 2007. Be prepared...meaning you might need a tissue or two. The topics vary from marriage to dealing with life and whatever you are walking through. Don't be surprised if you end up spending a lot of time reading through the archives. Regardless, Adrienne is always honest and real even when it makes her vulnerable.
Mirror Mirror is written by a dear friend of mine and although Classic Mama recognized her I just cannot help myself. I am however going to note a different post - Help, What Is He Thinking? is just a sampling of how she digs deep with the desire to know His Truth.
On Fire For Him is just that. She is ablaze when it comes to the things of God. I am awarding her for two posts because they are in sequence. In Repeat Offender and The Repeat Offender...Part 2, On Fire shares how the Lord brought to light an area that many, if not all of us, have struggled with. She shares her struggle, declares His Truth and ultimately walks in the freedom of victory.
Embracing My Cup is written by Erin. I so enjoy her blog for a variety of reasons but I'm sure my partiality is somewhat due to the fact that she is a mama of all boys! Through her writing you know that she has a pure heart before God. I selected a few posts again; Motherhood, Raising Little Warriors and A Seed Planted in Concrete...
Sarah writes In the Midst of It. She is a wonderful storyteller of nonfiction. There are many posts that I can relate to as a mom but what I appreciate more than that is the way she weaves spiritual truth throughout her clever, honest, and sometimes hilarious tales of life. I have selected Woes, Wal-Mart and My Worship Service for the purpose of this award.
According to the "rules" of The Thinking Blogger Award, you are now to bestow this award to 5 thinkers. When doing so, you must link to the original thinking blogger page here, link back to this post and then, if you'd like, display this swell image on your blog
With that said, if you have been awarded this previously, please accept the 2nd award from me anyway.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for the award! And I can't wait to sit down later and look at the others you've chosen--Erin and I are friends in real life, but I don't think I've gotten to read the others' blogs before. I love finding new ones that are good! Thank you :)
And I'm also looking forward to enjoying your blog (when I'm not cooking dinner!) and your posts!! Have a happy night :)
Thanks again for thinking of me!!! I can't wait to check out some of the others that you mentioned. . .
To answer your question on your previous post, we put a ton of thought and prayer into our boys names. That is why JCT has 3 names instead of just 2! All of our children have Bible names and family names. Their little names are chocked full of meaning!1 And, I love that!
And, I think Brother's Day sounds like a wonderful idea. I may just have to steal that idea. . .
Post a Comment