Happy Birthday to me!
Thankfully my cold is gone so I can enjoy my day. My mom called me and invited me to lunch at their house. Yipee! Hopefully that means I will see Promises, Brady and Smiles too. I recently told someone that when I say my age (38) it sounds old to me but I don't necessarily feel old. Granted, I am not in the same shape I was as an 18 year old (if only!) but overall life is good.
I have been thinking about my life 20 years ago - my high school reunion is next weekend. I'm looking forward to it and yet, I cannot believe that much time has passed. That alone makes me feel old. There are a couple of friends I have remained in touch with but everyone else...not so much. Life happens. You go to college, move out of state, get married, have children and build new relationships.
We are blessed to be able to stay with my closest friend from SBS and I know we are going to get very little sleep - talking into the wee hours of the morning! But what other conversations will I have? Most likely I will overload on small talk - discussing the number of children you have, their ages, where you live, what you do... It's caused me to become a bit introspective this week. My Alma mater's motto is Character Before Career. I have always appreciated the meaning of this simple statement and pray that my life has and will continue to exemplify the value of these words.
Enough about that - I've got another week yet to prepare and decide on important things like what I am going to wear and how many pairs of shoes to pack . Thankfully I already know what I am wearing this weekend. It's my Birthday Weekend and even though technically this isn't really a birthday present, it's happening this weekend and therefore I've decided that it is part of my birthday celebration. Totally makes sense to me. Simms and I are going to see my beloved New York Giants this weekend with Say Anything and Stretch! We are playing the Redskins - I know Sandy will probably be watching the game. Never know - if you are watching, you just might see us!?! I will be wearing my Strahan Jersey - #92. Yes, I know that he is retired but I see nothing wrong with honoring an awesome NY Giant. Besides...it is my birthday!
Update: this morning, after being wished "Happy Birthday" by my boys, Barber asked me if I would be giving them presents today. I smiled and said that traditionally they would give me presents. He thought about that and then stated "Remember my Lightning McQueen Birthday? I gave presents to everyone." He's right. The party favors. Hmmm...now to come up with appropriate party favors for turning 38. Any ideas? Be nice...
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your game and outing!!!
Happy Birthday! Didn't you know 38 is the new 28??? We're really excited for this weekend - finally you and I will have a chance to talk! And scream for our Giants! By the way - they are playing the Seahawks silly! You know this is only my second professional football game I've been to and both times I'll have seen the Seahawks play? Isn't that weird? Maybe God is telling me I'm supposed to be a Seahawks fan... nah. See you tomorrow! Enjoy your special day today!
You're right...Jeter looked at the schedule for me. Shouldn't have relied on that. He looked at 9/4 rather than 10/5. Oh well.
Seahawks it is! Go Giants!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day with your family today and your double date this weekend. It sounds like a great birthday weekend!!!
Happy Birhtday! So sorry that we were not able to see you on your b.day - hopefully, we will all be better soon!
Have fun at the game!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a great trip to the game!
Happy Birthday!!!! Sorry I am soo late!
Post a Comment